Wednesday, May 28, 2014

SOAP and other news

I have a busy summer planned, so I think I need to blog about it! Is this about the same time I picked up my blog again last year? School is out for the summer (yay!), and I have lots of things to fill my time. I enrolled in a summer book club and Bible study with the ladies at Good Morning Girls (there's still time to join us), Camp Loopy and Tour de Sock start on June 1, I'm learning to play the guitar, and then there's marathon training. hmmmm Maybe I've got too much on my plate.

The book club is reading You Are Loved, which is something I need to be reminded of a lot lately. I think this study is coming at a perfect time for me.

Another cool thing is that we're learning a new (to me) Bible study technique: SOAP. Scripture, Observation, Application, Prayer. To get ready before the study starts, my group is doing a practice SOAP of Psalm 23:6.
Part 1 S~Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. (NIV)
Part 2 O~David uses the word "surely," which means "without a doubt" according to Merriam-Webster. He has faith that the Lord will love him and always be with him. He has no doubt in the Lord's promises, love, and goodness.

Tomorrow we'll practice part 3 A~Application.
-k

1 comment: