Friday, May 3, 2013

On the needles: New techniques

It has been too long since I last posted. April was a challenging month for reasons better left to another post. Or maybe not. Why relive it? So, what better way to start a new month than with a new post about new knitting techniques that I'm learning.

Here is my first attempt at lace.

It's the Bigger on the Inside shawl using Lorna's Laces Solemate Bigger on the Inside. I'm trying to finish in time for the Doctor Who 50th anniversary in November. I'm on the fifth repeat of the Time Vortex Lace Increases, and I have a long way to go. I think it looks pretty good so far.

The second technique that I'm trying to learn is the brioche stitch.

This is the first tie of The Brioche Hood Hat. It's part of a KAL on Ravelry, and the goal is to finish by the end of May. The yarn is Ella Rae Lace Merino Worsted. A solid yarn might show off the stitches better, but I really like these colors. I like the brioche stitch a lot. It's so smooshie.

I'm linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times!
-k

No comments:

Post a Comment