Friday, March 1, 2013

On the needles: The accidental box of fun & the Iknitarod!

I accidentally landed on The Loopy Ewe site the other day. I was at work, and I started typing a web address into IE. You know how it auto fills with addresses you've visited recently? Well, it auto filled with The Loopy Ewe; not what I was going for, but I wasn't paying attention and hit enter. When I realized I was looking at The Loopy Ewe, I figured I should at least check out what's new. It would be rude to just pop in and out, right?

It didn't take long for me to find some pretty peppermint striped yarn that would be perfect for a cowl/scarf pattern that I have. I already have some yarn for the pattern, but this is a completely different color and won't look like the same pattern at all.
peppermint stripe cowl or scarf yarn

I was really close to free shipping, so I decided to get some of the Into the Whirled yarn that Judy enjoyed using for her socks. The color I bought is Trajectory. This will be a pair of socks, eventually.
Into the Whirled, Trajectory

I received my box of fun today, and I got a rewards bonus pack! Isn't the Loopy drawing cute? A box of fun indeed!
Cotton Club rewards

The Iknitarod starts tomorrow on Ravelry. The challenge is to pick a project and knit along with the Iditarod race with the goal to finish the project before the red lantern goes out (when the last musher crosses the finish line). I've decided to knit the Give a Hoot mittens. They will be my first mittens and just my second cable pattern, so that's the challenge for me. Will you be knitting along with the mushers?

Speaking of Ravelry, I finally got all my needles and hooks logged in my online inventory. Now to start on my yarn stash....

Find out what everyone has on the needles at Patchwork Times!
-k

3 comments:

  1. I love that peppermint yarn. Actually I don't know that I've met a yarn I don't like. I love to knit / crochet. Good luck on your challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that peppermint yarn!

    Do you have a lot of stuff on Ravelry? I'm BrandyRN - I'm new to Ravelry and am definitely looking for inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great yarns! The Loopy Ewe is a great place for stash enhancing, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete