Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Super Bowl party peanut butter style

This week's "What's Cooking?" challenge is peanut butter! This week is also the Super Bowl. What could be better than peanut butter themed Super Bowl snacks?
Patchwork Times What's Cooking

Chef DH and I made a trio of snacks for the big game. They were Peanut Butter Bacon Cookies, Peanut Butter Football Dip, and Peanut Butter Popcorn. (Click the name for a link to the recipe.)

The popcorn was definitely my favorite. It was quick and easy to make, and was a very satisfying snack. I don't usually like caramel corn, because it can be so hard. This was softer and chewier, and I didn't feel like I would break a tooth. There was just enough peanut butter flavor without it being overwhelming.
Peanut Butter Popcorn
The peanut butter dip was very good and easy to make, too. It had a little sweetness, a little saltiness, and a little crunch from the pretzels. I couldn't eat much of it, though. I guess I don't like peanut butter all that much.
Peanut Butter Football Dip
I didn't taste a lot of bacon in the cookies, just a slight hint. They were more like peanut butter cookies with extra crunchy bits. Chef DH made a couple of changes to this recipe, mostly for convenience. He used honey instead of molasses, because that's what we had in the house. Instead of creamy peanut butter and chopped peanuts, he used crunchy peanut butter (2-in-1). These cookies were also very good, and not at all dry or crumbly.
Peanut Butter Bacon Cookies
Want to know the sad thing? DH and I weren't actually having a Super Bowl party (we don't even like football), and now we've eaten all these snacks ourselves. Yum!

See what else is cooking at Patchwork Times!
-k

Here are the links to the recipes again: Peanut Butter Bacon Cookies, Peanut Butter Football Dip, and Peanut Butter Popcorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment