Monday, February 25, 2013

Design wall Monday: Not quite 100%

I haven't been feeling my best lately. I have this spine/nerve issue in my neck, and sometimes it gets inflamed and causes real problems. My hands get tingly or numb and that makes it really hard to do anything. Not to mention the pain in my neck (literally) and the headaches. Usually it'll go away after a few days of Aleve or Advil, but this time I had to go to the doctor for something stronger. Now I'm in physical therapy twice a week and finally starting to feel better.

All that is to say that I've haven't accomplished much in the last few weeks. I finally finished the top for the Stitchin with Justquiltin pattern, Starshine. I really like the way it turned out. I made it half size, but I want to make a full size one later. This picture is a little dark. The background is Kona Snow, so it's more white.

All of my pinwheel colors matched up. I'm pretty excited about that!
blue pinwheel

yellow pinwheel

green pinwheel

Now I have about 150 of these "bonus" triangles in all the different colors from the Starshine top. I think I want to use them on the backing, but I'm not sure how. If you have design ideas, I'd love to hear them.

I also finished the blocks for the Bright Lights swap at QATW. I can't wait to get the swapped blocks back. This is going to make a cute quilt.


Visit Patchwork Times! to see all the design wall Monday posts.
-k

2 comments:

  1. Check out my blog, next to your's on Judy's blog, where I show how I used my leftovers from my Easy Street quilt. Love your swap blocks, so bright a cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Starshine is gorgeous, love the colors. Your swap blocks are such fun, love all those bright colors.

    ReplyDelete