Sunday, January 6, 2013

Stash report - 2013.1

I decided to join the 2013 weekly stash reports at Patchwork Times. They are a way to keep the purchased fabric/used fabric ratio in check. I have no idea how this will turn out, because I've never stopped to add up how much fabric I buy. It could be scary. My goal is simple: Don't buy more than I use in 2013.

These posts are for my benefit, to hold myself accountable. There are no real "rules" to the reports, and I need to figure out what reporting system works best for me. I am in four BOM clubs this year (I guess I really like them), and I get fabric the first week of the month for three of them. That's when I'll report the fabric as added. For the BOMs, I'm going to report the fabric used when I finish that month's assignment. I think that will be easier than trying to keep track of it all year. Also, it will be encouraging to report some fabric used as I go instead of waiting until December when I finish all four of them. (optimistic) For my ongoing projects, I'm going to report the fabric used when I finish the quilt top. I'll report backing when I get it assembled and ready to quilt, and I'll report binding when I make it. I think I'll be able to keep that straight.
Used this week: 1 yard
Used YTD: 1 yard
Added this week: 6.25 yards
Added YTD: 6.25 yards
2013 net used: -5.25 yards
-k

8 comments:

  1. Welcome to the Stash reports. I have started this year to try and keep myself in check also. good luck to both of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Good luck to you! I'm looking forward to our progress.

      Delete
  2. Stash reports are fun. It can surprising how much fabric actually get s bought each year. Good luck with your goal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm anxious about tracking my purchases. It could be really bad. lol

      Delete
  3. Welcome to the world of stash reporting - I started a little like you - not knowing where it would go and with the same goal to bring in less than I used. I am on year 4 now and love how it makes me really think twice when I am shopping. Hope you enjoy it and that it helps you achieve what you desire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Have you been successful in your goal? Was it harder or easier than you thought?

      Delete
  4. I'm starting year 3. The last two years I hardly bought anything. My stash is still huge! But this year I'll have to enhance it with colors that no longer exist in my stash.
    You're off to a good start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've been good the last two years, so you deserve a little shopping therapy this year. Have fun!

      Delete