Thursday, January 17, 2013

Show us your socks

Judy at Patchwork Times has a new way for us to share a little bit of our lives and get to know each other on the interwebs. We already have "Design Wall Monday," "What's Cooking?" Wednesday, "On the Needles" Friday, and "Sunday Stash Reports." Now there's "Show Us Your Socks" Thursday. It all started with Judy's innocent blog post yesterday.

Too much sharing, you say? Whatever. I think it's fun.

There are a lot of knitters participating, so a lot of the socks will be hand made. While I also knit socks, I'm not wearing any that I made today. (They don't have to be hand made; the only rule is that someone has to be wearing the socks in the photo.) Today I'm wearing my Injinji toe socks. I can't imagine trying to knit toe socks. Tiny yarn and tiny needles so they won't be too thick between my toes, but I digress. These toe socks aren't just trendy and cute, they are a vital part of my marathon training. I tend to curl my toes when I run, gripping the shoe I guess. That isn't a problem on short runs, but once I get over 10 miles or so, my toes start to hurt. Sometimes I get blisters. These socks help keep my toes straight. I don't know how they do it, because they aren't stiff or anything, they just do.
Injinji toe socks and Dansko rain clogs

I have approximately 459287543 pairs of Injinji toe socks. If I had known we were going to post pictures today, I would have worn my rainbow striped ones. Maybe next week.
-k

6 comments:

  1. When I saw that picture, I was going to say you are a more patient knitter than I am but then I saw that you didn't knit them. I have never ever seen those! They look so neat. I wish I hadn't read that you run 10 miles! I was just planning on going to the house to make a lemon tart and now I'm feeling fat and out of shape but I'll probably get over it real soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yummy lemon tart! You'll never catch me saying no to a dessert. :)

      Delete
  2. Just wondering: do you run in regular shoes or in these 'toe' shoes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I run in regular shoes. The toe shoes don't have enough support or cushion for me.

      Delete
  3. Those are SO cute! They look comfy, too. I'm going to have to google them & maybe try a pair or two or ten. LOL

    BLM :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them, and you can always find them on sale.

      Delete