There wasn't anything in my stash that I thought would coordinate well for the stars, and I didn't have enough of any fabric that would work for the background. Not wanting to mess up my stash report with a shopping spree, I wasn't going to make it this weekend. I printed the pattern for later. On Saturday afternoon I found myself at the quilt shop picking out fabric.
The cutting started Saturday night, but I didn't start stitching until Sunday (technically the last day of the quilt along). By the end of the day, I had the main pieces stitched and one block finished.
|one of two yellow blocks, the others are blue and green|
The Earth, Wind & Fire fabric line that I chose has three main colors: blue, green, and yellow. The small flower print on the black background is actually three different fabrics; one with each of the three colors in the center of the flowers.
|green, yellow, and blue flowers|
I thought it would be pretty to use all three of those flower fabrics to subtly bring the colors together in all the blocks. I didn't consider how confusing it would be to plan the fabric placement so that each pinwheel had only one color. Graph paper and a pencil diagram of all the blocks are keeping me on track, I hope.
|green pinwheel in the yellow star block|
Easy Street has briefly been bumped from my design wall, but I'm sure it will be back soon. To see other quilting projects, visit Patchwork Times. I don't think it's too late to download the free Starshine pattern. Visit Justquiltin for the .pdf.
Thanks for visiting!