Sunday, January 13, 2013

Design wall Monday: Back on Easy Street

I was cruising down Easy Street, keeping up with traffic, when all of a sudden, ZOOM! Everyone took off and raced to the finish line. Where did everybody go?

One of my "Getting It Done" goals for January was to keep up with the Easy Street clues. When I wrote that, I had no idea the final reveal was the very next day! I guess I expected to put the top together in steps like we had made all the parts. I was amazed when someone finished her top after three days and several were completely finished (quilted, bound, and enjoyed) within a week. Impressive!

After being left in their dust, I pulled over and took an Easy Street break to finish my January BOMs. I'm back on Easy Street this weekend; you can find me cruising in the slow lane. I've made one of each of the four main parts.

completed parts ready to assemble

corner and side triangles

block A

block B

all four blocks in their place

I would like to get the top finished by the end of January, but these blocks took a lot of time to make so I'm not in a hurry. I have been thinking about what I will put on the back. I found some great fabric in my stash, but it's definitely not enough. Maybe I'll buy a coordinating fabric and make stripes or big blocks. I have some time to decide.

It's fun to see what everyone else is working on! Visit Quiltville for Easy Street links (I'm number 241!) and Patchwork Times for Design Wall Monday links.
-k

18 comments:

  1. I still haven't even cut out clue 6 yet. The flu put a damper on me keeping up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you are feeling better! Rest is much more important than keeping up with Easy Street.

      Delete
  2. Hey! I'm a Canes fan, too, and am soooooooooo glad the (half) season is going to start Saturday. Go Canes. Love the colors in the Easy Street quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The half season is going to feel weird, but better than nothing! I'm still mad about the whole thing. Will you be at Opening Night? I'll be there in section 111.

      Delete
  3. Trust me ~ you're not the only one who got left behind on Easy Street. I was also crusing along, keeping up, until the final reveal. It's good to know I'm not alone here in the slow lane :) Although you've passed me by...I temporarily skipped making any corner units and I've only made one of block A and block B. Yours is looking good so far :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pattern is tricky, so I'm working super slow on the blocks. I'd rather take my time than have to rip it out and redo it. There's lots of good company in the slow lane.

      Delete
  4. Enjoy the ride :) I seldom keep up with others, but do get things done eventually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't usually keep up either, that's why I was so excited that I was caught up on this one. haha But now that there aren't any more clues to be revealed, I don't feel as much pressure to hurry. Like you said, it'll get done eventually.

      Delete
  5. Hi there. First of all, I've become a FOLLOWER of your blog......and I love your mystery quilts colors. The black/white fabrics really makes the greens and blues pop. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thanks for the follow! I'll be sure to post a picture when it's finished. This was my first mystery, so I'm really happy with the way it looks so far.

      Delete
  6. I was doing really well with keeping up on Easy Street. So well, in fact, that I started a second version in different colors! But then Bonnie hit us with two steps in two days and I am way behind! My first version is close, but the second one is in a shoe box and still doesn't have all the parts ready for assembling. But I just keep reminding myself this is not a race, just enjoy the process!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A second version?!? You are brave! You'll get it finished. It is definitely not a race. I love the pattern, so I might make another one. I'm going to get through this one first.

      Delete
  7. I recognize that design! Isn't it great? Yours is turning out very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really like what you did with the back of yours. I'm still trying to decide on something....

      Delete
  8. I am cruising with you - after the dust from the super-fast finishers had settled. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hear ya! I was keeping up and BOOM...I just stopped. Finally got back on board and almost all the 'A' blocks are done...

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was my first mystery quilt, and I confess I kept up quite easily. Then she posted so many clues at the end - I didn't even manage to keep up reading them! But, like you, I'm assembling it slowly and steadily and should be finished in a couple of weeks. I've enjoyed the process, and looking at the many pretty quilt tops being made, like yours.

    ReplyDelete