Let's look at the Easy Street clues:
- The intro said that it will finish at 84" x 84" before borders. That's 7,056 square inches. Borders are optional, so all the pieces we've done should fit in that area.
- By my calculations, there is roughly 33% of the area still to be revealed. I'll break it down. Please check my math (or my typos).
- Part 1: 192 four patches * 3x3 finished size = 1,728 sq in, 24% of the total area
- Part 2: 128 flying geese * 1.5x3 finished size = 576 sq in, 8% of the total area
- Part 3: 64 shaded four patches * 3x3 finished size = 576 sq in, 8% of the total area
- Part 4: 64 flying geese * 1.5x3 finished size = 288 sq in, 4% of the total area (we've already counted the part 2 geese that these get attached to)
- Extras: b&w rectangles, green triangles, green squares = 1,606 sq in, 23% of the total area
On to part 4! I got all the pieces cut for this week, but I wanted to finish part 3 before I started stitching them. (Update: All the part 4 right side wings are attached.)
|Easy Street part 4, in process|
|Easy Street part 3, finished|
|Border blocks for Casino, ready to be assembled|
Thanks for visiting! I hope you'll stop by again. Please leave a comment and say hi. I'm linking up with Quiltville and Patchwork Times.
My previous Easy Street reports: