Monday, November 5, 2012

Virtual race for real help

Most of the races I've run raise money for a charity. Sometimes I don't even know what that charity is; I just want to run the race. But sometimes I sign up just to support the charity. This is one of those times.
 

 
This race will benefit the Red Cross and Hurricane Sandy recovery. You can choose your race distance and even pick a race any day this month. It really doesn't get any easier. The registration fee is simply a donation of your choice. I registered for the virtual 5k, and I donated $20. That's less than most 5k registrations.
 
I'm probably not going to register for a "real" race. My scheduled training run next Tuesday is three miles, so I'll just add on an extra .1 to make it a 5k. Don't want to run? You could walk a 5k or create your own couch potato race. Click the link and register under "other." It's all about helping people, right?
 
--k

1 comment:

  1. YAY! SO happy you are joining us -- appreciate your support! :)

    ReplyDelete