Friday, November 30, 2012

Everyone loves a mystery

I've started my first mystery quilt along. This means that, except for colors, I have no idea what this quilt will look like. Bonnie Hunter, the mystery quilt designer, posted a list of fabric requirements here. Of course, we're free to choose whatever colors we want, but I decided to stick with her suggestions. Colors aren't always true in photos or on computer screens, so she gave us Valspar paint colors to match. Genius, I thought.

Here's what I got, after a quick trip to Lowes:


And these are the fabrics I picked up:


limey apple greens
blue and red purples
aqua and turquoise
black and white backgrounds plus a grey "constant"

Part One was posted last Friday...192 four-patches from the background fabrics and the grey.

cut 2" strips
stitch them together
subcut 2" segments
my favorite! swirling center seams
Before I can finish all 192 of my little four-patches, I need to finish 20 Goose Creek blocks for a swap. The mailing deadline is Monday.

Civil War repro Goose Creek blocks

Thanks for checking out my mystery project. To see what other quilters are doing with their mystery, check out the linky here. It's not too late to join us! Part two will be posted tomorrow.

-k


3 comments:

  1. What a fun pattern! Lots of movement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo - I *love* your fabrics for Easy Street!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great fabrics! I know what you mean about the 'swirl' - that was my favorite part so far...in fact, I started two more versions just to swirl more centers....if we'd started with the geese, I wouldn't be saying that! LOL Still winging it!

    ReplyDelete