Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Craftalong for Sandy relief

Still on the lookout for ways to help those affected by Hurricane Sandy, I found this easy and fun way for fiber enthusiasts to put their skills to good use.
 


It's getting cold in NJ and NY, and a lot of people are without heat. The craftalong organizers are asking crafters to knit, crochet, or sew warm clothing to donate. They even provided some free patterns, if you're looking for inspiration.

I love knitting hats, and I have more than I will ever wear. I'm working on a hat right now that will be very warm. Once I finish it, I think I'll try the mittens pattern that they've provided.

cable hat WIP

What warm items are you working on? Participate in the Sandy Craftalong and donate what you've made. Invite your friends!
 
--k

No comments:

Post a Comment